Hope you enjoyed the break, but SafeTrack in Arlington is back starting February 11 through 28. Surge 12 is a full line segment shutdown on the Blue Line between Rosslyn and Pentagon Metro Stations. Since there are no Blue Line trains running, Yellow Rush+ will serve Franconia-Springfield and Van Dorn Stations all day.
- No trains between Rosslyn and Pentagon
- Arlington Cemetery Station closed
- Orange, Silver and Yellow Line service will operate normally
- Yellow Line Rush+ will run all day between Franconia-Springfield and Mt Vernon Sq
- Free shuttle buses will operate between Arlington Cemetery & Pentagon. This bus is not designed for rush hour commuters, but rather to support those visiting the cemetery.
Visit our dedicated SafeTrack page for all surge details.
ART Bus Alternatives
ART 43 Courthouse – Rosslyn – Crystal City
ART 43 is your convenient Blue line alternative for getting between Crystal City and the Rosslyn-Courthouse area. Bus service every 10 minutes during rush hours and limited stops; the route serves only 4 stops at the Court House Metro, Rosslyn Metro, Crystal City Metro and the Crystal City VRE.
ART 42 Ballston – Pentagon
ART 42 provides service during the week between the Ballston and Pentagon Metro Stations with stops at Virginia Square, Clarendon, Courthouse Road and the Department of Human Services. Service is every 18 minutes during rush hours.
Whether you need another commuting option or just want to be a little more active one day, try using Capital Bikeshare to connect you between Rosslyn and Pentagon in about 25 minutes by way of the scenic Mt Vernon Trail. Single rides are only $2.
Skip all the fuss with transfers and get a direct route to work when you join a vanpool. More details available after the click.
Photo Credit: Sam Kittner/Kittner.com for Arlington Transportation Partners