Time out, let’s get serious. Do you have an Emergency Commute Plan in place? If the answer is No or you’re shrugging your shoulders because you’re confused, take a minute and keep reading. You’ll thank us when the next derecho blows through town.
Mapping out an Emergency Commute Plan is simple and Arlington Transportation Partners can help if you aren’t sure where to start. One of the easiest ways to get involved is to test your commute on September 22 – Car-Free Day!
This year, Car-Free Day falls on a Monday, so kick off your week right and change your commuting lifestyle. Try an alternate transit option (bus, bike, metro, etc) and make sure your Emergency Commute Plan works for you; plus, get free swag from Arlington Transportation Partners and be entered to win a free Go Bag from the Arlington County Office of Emergency Management (OEM) – value: $75.
Get started – Practice your Emergency Commute Plan:
1. Pledge to go Car-Free & show your pledge confirmation to your organization’s or property’s ATP contact and receive a free swag bag: www.carfreemetrodc.org/
2. Practice your Emergency Commute Plan on September 22 – Car-Free Day
3. Notify your organization’s or property’s ATP contact and prove you went Car-Free to instantly receive a $5 Starbucks gift card
Arlington Alerts: Emergency Warnings When and Where You Need Them
Be entered to win OEM’s Go Bag when you sign up for Arlington Alerts. Enter now:
1. Register for your Arlington Alert at: www.arlingtonalert.com
2. Notify your organization’s or property’s ATP contact and show your alert confirmation
Winners will be randomly awarded and contacted on or around September 30, 2014.
Car-Free Day is also a great opportunity to test your Emergency Commute Plan. Get involved and enjoy free goodies too!