Let's pretend for a moment that we had an actual winter here in the DC area. Had that been the case, we'd just now be emerging into a period of consistently pleasant weather. Somehow, this got me thinking about how spring suddenly makes certain everyday activities and experiences more enjoyable. So, I submit to you a rundown of a few of my favorite transportation experiences here in the area:
1. Walking directly onto a waiting Metro train, without having to break stride.
2. Learning that I was on the train directly ahead of one that was forced to offload at Rosslyn.
3. Stopping along Gravelly Point during a bike ride on the Mt. Vernon Trail.
4. Capital Bikeshare ride down Clarendon Blvd. from Courthouse to Rosslyn.
5. The feeling of accomplishment I feel after climbing to the top of the Rosslyn escalator each morning.
6. The Mini-Cooper Zipcar located near my office.
7. The view crossing the Potomac on the Yellow line between Pentagon and L'Enfant Plaza.
Share some of your favorite springtime transportation experiences!
Brett Jones is a Business Development Manager with Arlington Transportation Partners