We recently held our first ever Vanpool 101 webinar on how vanpools are important for businesses. Over 21 Arlington County employers and commercial property managers learned how vanpooling can be a vital resource for their business continuity.
During the webinar we covered a variety of topics including:
- Basics and strategies for vanpooling
- Using transportation benefits to pay for a vanpool
- Why vanpooling is the best solution for I-66 commuters
- How to connect interested employees to vanpools
This webinar gave insight and empowered attendees with knowledge on how vanpooling works and how Arlington Transportation Partners (ATP) can provide one-on-one meetings to assist in the process. In addition, the webinar explained the changes and dynamic tolling that are now in effect on I-66.
Why You Should Start a Vanpool
ATP is here to help you with step-by-step assistance on forming or joining a new vanpool. We encourage you to visit JoinAVanpool.com, provide your route and working hours, and from there you will be connected with a trusted vanpool provider.
There are amazing financial incentives available for those who vanpool. Some of the incentives include:
- Vanpool Connect: $50 per month subsidy, per rider, for the first six months and $100 for referrals.
- ‘Pool Rewards: Subsidy available for vans with seven or more people.
- Vanpool Alliance: $400 per month subsidy for vans that provide basic reporting.
Know your options for traveling on I-66, travel smart, and be prepared for upcoming changes. When you travel alone, you are required to pay a dynamic toll but when you carpool (HOV2+) with an E-ZPass Flex, you can travel for free.
Missed the Vanpool 101 Webinar?
Don’t worry, we have you covered. You can playback the recorded version of our Vanpool 101 Webinar, or download just the presentation.
Photo Credit: Sam Kittner/Kittner.com for Arlington Transportation Partners
Editor's Note: This blog was updated on August 5, 2020 with new information written by Tai Mooney.